Physical Activity is super important to us in the school and we love to be active...
- We make sure that we get out and about during the school breaks and had a very successful school wide soccer tournament this year.. In the weeks running up to Easter Mrs. Griffin organised a participatory soccer tournament and helped by Ms. Mc Garrigle they ran a series of mixed class teams all culminating in a thrilling final that went to extra time and a penalty shootout before our orange team were crowned victors!
- We had lunchtime basketball matches, skipping challenges, running races, ball games hula hooping and lovely running games out on yard all year and the children love to play games with their peers
- With the summer here the children are also enjoying our long jump pit and their running, hopping and jumping skills are really improving with each passing week...
- We love to run around Europe and though we are a small school in size we have already reached a number of monuments around different European capitals and they are recorded on our school active board.... now onto the next one!
- We have our GAA games throughout the year and lunchtime games are where our children hone those skills to be the next generation of inter county stars
- We also have an up and coming hurling programme in the school and we are learning how to be adept in both the big and small ball games
- Our Active walkway is just up and running and we intend on making full use of it with these lovely fine evenings.. the children are showing their parents how to use it in their evening walks outside school.
- We are also looking forward to our annual Sports Day in June... here's to seeing what quirky games the teachers have in store for this year!